Wednesday, July 14, 2010

garage sale 1 (pictureless)

Well folks, the date is set. Next Friday the 23rd I'm having a garage sale. Last night I pulled three boxes/bags down from the attic. Two just full of stuffed animals and one full of... yarn. Seriously. Just yarn. Stuffed full of yarn. I'm like wow. That's doing me soooo much good up there. So, off it goes. Since I haven't needed any since we moved in here nearly three years ago, it's gone. My storage room off the kitchen is barely able to contain any more. You can't walk through there be/c I keep throwing bags of "sale" items that way.

I also organized/purged Matthew's books and am selling a decent stack of them. There are some that are just too baby-ish and some that he just doesn't ever read, so they are going. I love books, he's got a great collection going, but no sense in holding some he doesn't want or we don't need.

3 comments:

  1. Nice, Kate! A garage sale is a HUGE endeavor?

    Do you think you'll get a good crowd on a Friday? Have you thought about/able doing it on a weekend day?

    Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably do it Fri and Sat, Jackie. Around here the norm seems to be Thurs-Sat as good days. I can't do two week days though be/c of the kids. I'm sending them away Friday and then hopefully Saturday DH and I can take turns inside with them or out with the sale.

    ReplyDelete