Sunday, July 4, 2010

my own kitchen cabinets

After posting the massive cleaning I did in my mom's kitchen, here are pictures I took of my own pantry cabinets ( I don't have a real pantry ). This started be/c I needed the blue food coloring and it wasn't in the box with the green red and yellow... so, while looking for it, I ended up emptying out my cabinets on the counter and pitching a LOT of old crap. Easter candy, Halloween candy, several open boxes/bags of crumbs, trash, empty boxes or wrappers (how does that happen!?), old this and thats. It's not that drastic maybe, but I am pleased with the makeover!
the reason for the hunt: the found blue food coloring.
the before:

the after. not too bad, huh? I purged a LOT from that bottom shelf of candy!

second cabinet before-- this is a tricky shelf, as you can see from the straws, the rest of the shel is behind the wall and I can't reach or see what's back there. So it was time to pull it ALL out and take inventory. I trashed a ton of yuck.

after--I did not know I had so many drink mix-in boxes stuffed into the corner.

A battery powered blender, with small screwdriver inside and two batteries, never been opened. Since we also have the magic bullet, I'm thinking this will be added to the yard sale pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment