Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The first order of business for 2011 is the post-Christmas cleanup!

I love to decorate. I spend a lot of time looking for ideas, crafting, assembling, unpacking, and displaying. I love the whole process. But with that comes dis-assembly, repacking, schlepping up to the attic, organizing, and storing. And as much as I love the decorating process, I despise the un-decorating process.
I am thoroughly enjoying the warmth of all of the lights and sparkle inside and outside of my house. But, I know I can't be THAT neighbor and leave my Christmas decorations up until February. So, it is with reluctance I will begin the process. I will start outside so that I can linger in my indoor haven just a little longer.
By my next check in, it is my resolution to have all 26 wreaths down, the 36 strands of garland, the lights, the lanterns, the bows, the swags, the candles, the topiaries, and the outdoor Christmas pillows down and stored properly (inside labeled containers) in the attic. Life permitting, I am hoping to have this done by Wednesday, January 5.
But, before it disappears, I want to relish in it's splendor one last time:

No comments:

Post a Comment