Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hot Dog! I Did It!

This is some exciting stuff. Almost as exciting as candles! So you don't sit on pins and needles any longer, I will cut to the chase (no pun intended). Here are the before and after shots of the dog cabinet in the laundry room (sorry for the poor lighting):
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Here are a few of the things I got rid of:
1. A mason jar (which I shattered on the floor while cleaning, dammit)
2. A dead Roomba (it costs as much to fix as it does for a new one)
3. A new but unused collar for our St. Bernard (who was put down last May)
4. A harness that has never been used
5 & 6. Two mostly empty peanut butter jars that we call "Dog Peanut Butter"
7 & 8. Two rogue tea light candles
9. An empty bottle of ear cleaner
10. The extra food container and the nasty pig ears that were in it
One of the nice things that came out of this project is that I found my St. Bernard's collar. Instead of getting rid of it, I made a little memorial to him on the door. I hung his picture up with his collar hanging around it. I miss my big guy and this is a nice way to think of him more often.
So, as I work my way through the laundry room cabinets, my next stop will most likely be the cleaning supplies. Can you stand the excitement?!

No comments:

Post a Comment