Saturday, January 15, 2011

Papers, Schmapers.

This is one of my major trouble zones. I tend to collect all things crap here: papers, mail, bills, coupons, craft supplies, newspapers, the kids' art, and miscellaneous stuff I don't know what else to do with. So, it piles and piles, and piles until it gets to this point and I HAVE to do something about it....which is where I was earlier today.

I've read recently that when trying to organize, try to stay true to your routine or pattern. That way you will be more likely to stick to it. So, since I pile here, I'm going to attempt to organize here.

My first step was to sort through this mound:
And, so I did:
My next step was to set up an organizing system:
I found these at Walmart in the clearance section. I think each set of two was $7. So, I spent $14. I labeled each drawer: File, To-Do, Receipts, and Misc. My system also includes the basket on the ground, because under the blanket...:
...are all of my file folders:
This way, the folders are readily available to sort when I need to. Also, the basket is easily moved. So, when I have guests and need to clear the area, all I have to do is pick it up and move it to another location.

We will see if this system proves to be any better for me over time!

1 comment:

  1. keep us updated in a week or two with how this is working for you! My trouble spot is my desk. It's right next to the kitchen door that we use as the house entry. and everything gets dumped on it. No matter how I try to keep it picked up, it still becomes the dumping ground for all things paper/stuff from the car.

    ReplyDelete