Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Work in Progress...












Ok, so for my first official post, I thought I'd tackle my closet. Aye, what a mess. My husband and I share a small walkin, and it needs help. First things first, getting out what I don't/can't wear. Hubby was a little tired of walking in there with piles everywhere and hearing me whine (I'll admit it, I whined) "I have nothing to wear!" So I started trying things on and if it didn't fit, it went in the donate pile. If I hadn't worn it in over a year, it got added to the pile. And so the pile grew and grew--way more than 10 things. What's left inside is more manageable now for sure, but I still need help. I need a few matching bins/baskets to line the top shelf on one side. I think I'd like to use those for little clutches and bags, scarves, etc. We also need a better way to secure our stacked clothing on the shelf. It's too easy for the stacks to topple over leaving us with the messy piles we currently have. I did separate my shoes some, and now I have my little sandals and flip flops in one of those under the bed shoes thing-a-ma-jigs. (On another note, how does my closet get so dang dusty? Hopefully my shoes will stay a little cleaner this way, at least those 10 pair!)
Anyway, the photos above are the befores (maybe not the worst of the before). Hopefully I can finish this project up soon--it all hinges on those upper shelves!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome!

    Alma, add your name to your post labels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Container Store, I think, sells things to keep the stack of clothes from falling over. No clue what they cost but I know I have seen them. You may be able to make something too if you give them a closer look. I know the ones from the store erik probably cost $$.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just visiting. I love your blog! I have my own too.. http://sahmcity.blogspot.com

    Thanx and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete