Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Little By Little

Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
-Henry Ford

This may be a small and pretty insignificant project today. But, hey, at least I committed!

I had a crazy day involving a big interview that was 2.5 hours away (5 hours round trip). In between I had to take care of two little boys---in particular, a newly 3 year old who wants to prove to mommy he doesn't have to do anything she says. Being the sole parent is particularly stressful when interviewing because when the interviewer says jump, I have to jump. I get crazy trying to make back up plans in a pinch (the boys are in daycare on a military base and you have to have a military id to get on to base---so I have to jump through rings of fire to get anyone else to be able to pick them up as backup). So, when the interviewer asked me today what my greatest accomplishment was, I was wishing that I could have been really honest and told him it was getting out of the house today instead of the corporate mumbo jumbo I spoon fed.

ANYWAY, my whining aside, I cleaned out under the half bath sink this morning while I was drying my hair. The clutter was mostly just packaging from toilet paper, etc.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Now, I know it is not much, but it does help to restore order in my otherwise chaotic life. Every little bit counts.

1 comment: