Monday, April 12, 2010

And so it begins ...

My house in an unorganized shamble. I hate throwing stuff away because I have plenty of space so if I was organized it would be fine. The goal is to throw out 10 things and to continue throwing out 10 things a day until my house, and hopefully my life, is more manageable.

Since it was the first night, I expected the newness of the challenge, and the incredible disarray of my house, would result in far more than 10 items going out the door. I was right.


No, all of that trash/recycling didn't come from my dining room, but that room is the one room I managed to completely declutter. Now it's ready for a good cleaning, now that you can see all the dust.

There are a few things I didn't throw out that I'm not sure I should have kept. 1) A Happy First Birthday card I got Max but never signed. Surely there is going to be a baby that turns one in the near future and I'll need a card? 2) One of the R2D2 bags so that I could use it as a birthday party scrapbook background/decoration. Scrapbooking as a hobby is not going to help this mission.

What say you all, should they have been tossed?

P.S. I "had" to eat two cookies in order to throw out some cookie boxes. Oh the sacrifices I make ...

2 comments:

  1. YES they should have been tossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, not the card. But probably the bag. Scrapbook the invite, sure, but the bag? Eh.

    ReplyDelete