Tuesday, April 20, 2010

the knife drawer

Hello. Probably a funny place to start, but I did my husband's closet yesterday only there were no pictures... So I my first posting on here is the knife drawer. Which as you can see holds more than just knifes. It amazed me when I emptied this out onto the counter, just how much other junk was in there. I wish we had one of those handy blocks of wood you stick your knifes in, but since we don't, we keep them in a drawer... dangerous huh?

Here's the before.


And the junk that came out of it.
Anyone notice the flower seeds packet? Hmmm... The five packs of gum I think are from Christmas '08, be/c we didn't get any gum this Christmas from J's parents and since we don't buy it ourselves... I thought I was out of twix-it clips. Or yah, they were hiding out in there. There was 10 Pampered Chef scraper things ... who needs ten of those? I didn't even know I had that many cookie cutters...



TA DA!!! Here's the after:



Yah, random still in the package set of steak knifes to apparently be sold, since um we've never needed them.


Ten things from the drawer: (all but number 10 went in the trash!)
1. Twist ties (I donno like 5 of them)
2. 5 packs of nasty old gum
3. some plastic wrap from I don't know what
4. FOUR cup lids to cups I don't think we have anymore
5. Two unidentifiable tools.
6. Mints and candy from I don't know when.
7. a broken measuring cup
8. about 6 really old never used knifes (wrapped tightly in an old towel and about 4 bags)
9. extra strings for a cheese grater we no longer have
10. pack of nice unopened knifes to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment