Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tales from a bargain hunter.

If you know anything about me, you know that I love a good bargain. It's the thrill of victory for me. Along with going broke on bargains, also comes some clutter. And while I've gotten better at getting rid of things (even good loot!), I still need some help and aspire to live a simplified life. There will ALWAYS be another sale. It's OK to let one go here and there.

So, in my quest to clean up the clutter, here is my edition of today's 10:

1. Random silverware acquired from people borrowing my service for 60. Yes, service for 60. I will talk about that at another time.


2. A defunct power washer.
3. Four seat cushions. I actually replaced them yesterday with new ones (from Big Lots, of course. It was Tuesday so I got my additional 10% discount).
4. An unopened ceramic scented oil thing. I got this as a gift.

5. Burts Bees lipstick in Merlot.
6. A spoon that ended up in the disposal.
7. 8 Paper White bulbs.
8. Shower rings (unopened and in the box).
9. A defunct Roomba.
10. Our old set of glasses (which started out with 12 and now has 9).
*Most things are going to a thrift store that supports our local Children's Hospital.

I'm venturing into my bedroom/bathroom for the next 10.....just a fair warning!

3 comments:

  1. Good job! That defunct power washer feels like it should be worth way more than one item on your list.

    My craft room is next. It'll probably be next for a few weeks. So much to toss ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to hear the story about service for 60!

    ReplyDelete