Sunday, April 25, 2010

Avalanche!!

Our refrigerator and freezer are pretty bad. Surprised? I thought not. You will cringe in the coming weeks when you see what else is in this house. I thought I was done with my 10 things for today but after I went grocery shopping I had a new sense of resolve (in more ways than one). I filled up two huge garbage bags with stuff from our freezer. The below photo is "before." See that puff pastry on the bottom right? I got that for CHRISTMAS EVE. I opened the box just to see what it would look like. It was green. I was afraid.

Here is the door of the fridge, equally alarming. A LOT of this stuff was expired.

This is the freezer. The bag on the bottom right there are bagels. They are from Bagel World in Reading, MA. The BEST bagels I have ever bad. Also, whilst at the grocery store I was searching for fish sticks for Q. We had two boxes hidden in the freezer. A ton of this stuff comes flying out when you open it. That is the avalanche I speak of. Those Trader Joe's bagels did not feel good on my foot!Here is my husband. See this frozen mystery he is holding? It is a calzone which I made so we could have things to eat when we didn't feel like cooking after I had Q. That was in March 2008.Here is the fridge "After."
Do you see my yogurt shelf? Q and I are obsessed. Here's a a close up. Don't buy that Siggi's stuff - awful.


Here is the door "After." It doesn't look much different because the stuff that is on it now was in other places in the fridge. The stuff that was on the door expired in 2006.
Here is the freezer "After." We have lots of frozen spinach I didn't know about. And frozen phyllo dough. I know you can see where this is going. We also have fish sticks, chicken sausage, raviolis, chicken nuggets, and frozen fontina cheese.
My husband felt inspired by this and decided to get rid of one thing today. This hideous orange coat. Q relaxed on it and ate goldfish while I worked.





1 comment: