Monday, April 19, 2010

A ghastly garage

Tonight I told myself I'd go home and get my garden cleaned up. I have compost etc in my boxes that has been infiltrated by grass, so a nice night to dig them out, mix in some seed and put some on our horrific lawn. I got changed, went to the garage and was completely and totally overwhelmed. Something had to be done. I'll save the garden for later, it was time for my 10 things!

I'm almost ashamed to post the pics.


While, at first glance, this may not look terrible....what lurks beneath is scary. And don't judge on our flag on the ladder-it got soaked and ripped off the house in the flood storms! So it was drying out.

An area of much anxiety is these shelves. There is so much STUFF on there, I took one pass and removed about a million rusty old nails, random plasic bits and other things. The layers of dust etc on here I could not tackle, our garage needs a full day of work.


HEH?

I guess frogs do catch flies, even ceramic citronella ones..but aren't they supposed to eat them? This guy is surrounded by a bug graveyard to make your skin crawl. EWW.

So this sad little pile is the beginning of the garage. In here you'll find such items as:
  • a used shop vac bag full of grime and dirt that spit it out at me when I moved it. Not great for the allergies
  • 3 neon green plastic things that look like frisbees but are decidedly not.
  • Various plastics such as Driveway salt, 4 water bottles, 2 nalgene bottles (not a fan of the BPA so out they go)
  • A variety of things that we recycled...now in the trash never to be used. Period.
  • a few computer print outs of directions, zumba classes and others.
  • A sad lonely gardening glove.


Well, it's not perfect. But it's a start!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Are all these things in the trash now? That's the biggest thing. I will get them off the shelves, but then when the actually putting them to the can part needs to take place, I never get it INTO the can and it sits in a pile for a few months. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are all in the trash except for the plastic which is in the recycle bag. They will go to the dump on Friday morning!

    I still didn't touch the bugs though. *faint*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also swept the leaves out....it's a start!

    ReplyDelete