Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Cabinet

It's not hard to make me happy. Even small things get me really excited. Take my lastest project for example. This is a small cabinet in my kitchen. I never really had a "label" for this cabinet, I just stuck in there whatever I felt like. I knew this would be an easier task because of the size of the cabinet and after my 2 bigger projects, I needed something small! Here is the before pic. Nothing too outrageous but everything is once again, shoved in there (I'm noticing this pattern with myself) I didn't know if I woud be able to even find 10 things to get rid of here. I thought this was more of an organizing project rather than a throwing out project. Turns out, I can find things to throw out just about anywhere!
Here is my 10:
1. A box of generic Stuffing Mix. I have no idea why I bought it or even kept it for so long. My DH isn't a stuffing fan, especially boxed stuff, my kids won't eat it and I'm not even that much of a fan of it. So in the trash it goes.
2. A container of cupcake papers with one left over spongebob paper in there.
3. 3 boxes of Jell-O. Really, I buy the ones already made. They've been in there for a long long time, time to go.
4. an empty box of coffee filters
5. a very old container of green sprinkles, like 2 Christmas' old!
6. One lonely candle
7. an old container of icing gel
8. another old container of icing gel
9. A box of cocoa mix. It's old. There were only 2 left in there, I'm not making them anytime soon. In the trash it goes.

Ok so that is 9 things but techinically there are 3 boxes of Jell-O! I guess you can also count the dirt I got off the shelves as something that is gone too!
This project took about 10 minutes but I was still SO satisfied with the end result. A nice organized cabinet.




Little things do add up.
I kept opening and closing this cabinet last night, just to take a peek! It was nice. Simple things, they make me happy. Neat things, they make me happy.
I will say again that I never realized what a slob I am. When I first heard of this blog I was like Oh I don't even have 10 things to throw away. Bitch please! I have more and more projects that I keep coming up with. So here's to hoping we keep this blog going for a long time. My house needs it!!!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great Pash! I have a cabinet like that that I need to tackle.

    I feel the same way about you, too. My basement is a nightmare because of the renovations. I will take before pics and in a few months wait till you see the transformation. I feel like I need to purge & make my life as simple as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you kept opening and closing the cabinet afterwards. I felt like that with my closet. I keep looking at it like "wow. this is mine and it looks so much better!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference? Isn't it amazing how good you feel about this stuff? My list of projects keeps growing as well.....

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete