Monday, April 26, 2010

Kate's Closet


Oh the shame.... But okay, here goes. If others can do this, so can I. Here's my way too cluttered, too many clothes in there closet. I have way too small clothes. Wayyyy too large (tent-like) clothes. Maternity clothes. Winter clothes... gracious.

The insides.

the floor.

the top shelf.

I started this task by pulling out everything on a hanger and deciding if it was too small, too big, fitting, in season, out or what... I made piles: Maternity, jammies, um ahem nighties, shorts, pants, shirts that fit and the mound clothes that are too small or out of date...

on the trunk are the mounds of maternity clothes that I can't (and shouldn't) wear right now.

the size of this pile is daunting... it's everything that is TOO small and can not fit and shouldn't be in my closet and WHY am I too lazy to have not done this before?! Most of this was on the floor of the closet or hanging with the rest, trying desperately to be a wearable candidate, but alas, they can not, will not fit.

This still needs to be handled but it will be left for another day... this is what's to the right of the shelf thing, behind the door.



And Ta-Da!

Here's the current status:


Only clothes that FIT on the two shelves (lower is jammies and upper is jeans and nicer pants) and only clothes that FIT hanging up in the closet.

Top shelf are all sizes that are too small still, but I things I didn't want to donate, in hopes of getting there again sometime in this lifetime and not wanting to re-buy everything. They are folded and stacked (and labeled) by sizes.

Oh and the floor is totally clean of everything but only shoes.


Stats:
-THREE trash bags full of clothes that are too small to be donated
-TWO trash bags full of maternity clothes (someone had just given me a lot of her things earlier in the year so her bag was still in there untouched) that will go up to the attic
-Two broken pair of shoes, no clue why I kept, that is now trashed
-One pair of heels that are in great condition, just too small to be donated or sold
-About 15-20 wire hangers trashed
-random tags and trash I found on the bottom of the closet trashed
-one really faded old nightie also hit the trash

Whew. I'm worn.

2 comments: