Monday, April 19, 2010

The Book Battle

I love to read. I do. I used to read more before children and, yes, crafting took over my life. But I do read a lot for a woman with no spare time to speak of. But, this also leads to a lot of book purchases. For me, and for the kids. And this, my friends, leads to the battle. The Book Battle between Dan and me.
Dan admits that he is not a reader. He reads online stuff, but not a "made of paper" book. He does like reference books, especially books with pictures, since he can use them when he draws. And he is also OK with cook-books, since they can be useful. Now, he lets me have my crafting books, but in his mind, all fiction books can go. I don't always feel that way. Also, he thinks that ANY reference book should stay, even if I don't want it, and it doesn't have photos. I don't feel that way. So, the battle rages. (he also has this thing against some children's books, because they aren't drawn right, they are boring, or the google eyes make him angry, but that's a whole other can of worms.)


Tonight, I decided to take 10 minutes and do a purge of the bookcase. Dan helped out. This is where his hatred of children's books reared it's ugly head and words were exhanged about keeping a big ghost book from 1997 that neither one of us has opened in probably 7 years.


But here is today's haul, "aux photographies":







Get away from the children's books, HATER!








Yes, Peter, it can be.







The books we are selling.







The bag of trash I picked up in a quick 5 minute room purge.











Yeah, the giant amount of Easter candy from my parents, that it hitting the trash can. I don't need it, they don't eat it.








A little something for Gen.





My helpers

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Books are tough. They are so hard to give away but so hard to store!

    ReplyDelete