Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hangers

About three weeks ago, I cleaned out closets and the laundry room of vigilante hangers. T has a bad habit of taking things off the hanger and then putting the hanger back in. This drives me insane, because, as the laundry-doer in the house, I have to go and search through his half of the closet for the missing hangers. We're working on it.

So I cleaned them out. We've also been working on a big clothing purge (mostly him, as he has about 14 times as many clothes as I do and I do a seasonal clean-out twice a year - I have about 5 outfits right now. It's kind of pathetic.)

Before:



After (all packed up for Goodwill - my donation pile in the back of my car is getting big!):



If it wasn't wood or a specialty suit hanger, it went. I did keep a few plain white plastic hangers until I can restock the wood ones (we have some but not enough). I also have a lone wire hanger (my hatred of wire hangers is not quite as bad as Mommie Dearest, but it's close) to give back to the dry cleaner.

2 comments:

  1. Alisa, I'm an all wood hanger girl myself. I've tried many "brands" but my all time favorite I really inexpensive from Home Depot of all places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the Canopy brand at Wal-Mart today. 20 for $12. Out, plastic hangers, out!

    ReplyDelete