Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mudroom Mayhem

Today's task was relatively simple but impactful. Although this is our side door, most people enter through here. This is a multipurpose room as it serves as our mudroom, laundry room, butler's pantry, and entrance!
Before:
First Impression
After:
...minus the clutter (and dog!).
Before:
Parting impression.
After:
...minus the clutter.
Again, this one was surprisingly simple. It was superficial as I've yet to tackle the cabinets and drawers.
I've really found through this blog that although I thought I kept a fairly neat and organized house, I really haven't been! I always cleaned the same things: our main living spaces. So, it felt/looked clean. However, I now realize that on the periphery I was piling, accumulating, and letting the mess take over. It would become part of the scenery and I would look over it and not notice anymore. Pictures a quite telling! I've learned a lot!

10 things from the Mudroom/ Laundry Room/ Butler's Pantry/ Entrance:
1. 2 wine holders (to garage sale)
2. Decorative topiary trees (to garage sale)
3. Plastic file cabinet (to garage sale).
4. Dry erase board (trash)
5. 2 empty boxes (trash)
6. 2 flower vases (to garage sale).
7. Dead Amaryllis bulbs (trash)
8. Newspaper (trash)
9. Bag of trash from armoire cleanup (trash)
10. 2 storage bins (re-purposed)

3 comments:

  1. I haven't even read the post yet. I just want to tell you again how much I love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! We feel really fortunate to be here! I LOVE your house too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I realized the same thing about myself!

    ReplyDelete