Thursday, April 22, 2010

This One's for Kate...

And everyone else who's gotten a little down on themselves for only getting rid of ten things and not tackling some big project.

I have no impressive update to post. No nifty pictures, just a small update on my office. I've spent the past few days grabbing a handful of papers from one of the piles in the office and sticking them in the appropriate file folder. I'm not even sorting them well within the file folders (cleaning out and organizing the filing cabinet will be another project). But this week I've been able to get an entire pile of papers put away -- only four to go! But seriously, if I'd told myself I needed to sit down and tackle the entire paper mess all at once, I never would have started and eventually would have given up on the office altogether because putting those papers away is a boring, sucky project. Taking the small step of a small stack everyday (it was more efficient to just grab some than to actually start counting documents) is getting the mess cleaned up!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Paper work is daunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan, good job! Paper stacks are overwhelming. WTG for tackling them pile by pile. I'm looking at my desk right now and thinking, huh... I bet I could tackle a small pile tomorrow. Maybe. ...

    ReplyDelete